Friday, November 11, 2005

The Color of Ignorance

Note: I realize that this is a fairly partisan post, but it is on Blog America because it has to do with a great American holiday, and the degeneration it might be facing.

This post also appears on the blogs But I Can Hear You and Warzone! Editorials.

As everybody should know, today is Veteran's Day, where we honor the courageous men and women of the armed services, unless you're a liberal in Waterville, Maine, in which case Veterans Day is a time to dishonor the memories of the dead and use it to your political gain. An anti-war group called Waterville Areas Bridges for Peace and Justice (who obviously don't live up to the justice part since anti-war meant keeping Saddam in power) planted 2,000 white flags in the ground at a cemetery filled with war dead. While white is the color of peace, a white flag also means surrender. Outraged, and rightfully so, 10 members of the VFW began to remove flags, refusing to have flags of surrender displayed on Veteran's Day. Now comes the really sick part. Five of them were arrested for "trespassing." Wayne Elkins, commander of the VFW said, "They desecrated our veterans' grounds. If they want to protest, let them protest. We don't mind. But to desecrate hallowed ground is wrong." He is absolutely right. To go into a soldiers' resting place to plant flags of surrender (they were meant to be peace but it really equates to the same thing) is about the most disgusting thing I have ever heard of a war protester do, and I've heard some pretty sick things.

I don't know which sickens me more, the arrogance, or the speaking for of the dead. Those anti-war protesters had some nerve sticking a flag for a soldier who might have been happy to lay down his life for his country. Especially the white flag of surrender. Maybe you liberals who want to bring the troops home would surrender to terrorist cowards, but as for me I will always support freedom and justice.

This is how we celebrate Vetren's Day now? By speaking for those that can no longer speak, all so that THEY, the anti-war idiots, can? Those 2,000 soldiers didn't die for this. Neither did the veterans we're supposed to be honoring. Next time they may want to actually HONOR a veteran, not make a mockery of what he stood for.

Links: Seattle Post Intellegencer

14 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

And so do I. Good post. Those sickos are just that: Sick! Poor little whiners and complainers don't even have a clue.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace through superior firepower as they say. MMR is right they ARE loony.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Just wanted to let you know: my blog readers and I have come to a decision - our counter to the Liberal movement to "wear black" and "wear red" on Fridays "until our troops come home", will be "Operation Green shirt/ Yellow ribbon".

On Fridays, to show our support for the troops AND their mission, we will wear green, and to show our hope for them to come home safe, soon, and victorious, we will also wear a yellow ribbon on our lapel or around our wrists.(pictures at my site soon) Please spread the word any way you can! Thanks in advance.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

Mild Mannered Reporter said: "They must be smoking their socks again."

Lol! I love that!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Nightcrawler said...

Great post! I apologize for my disappearance, I seem to have temporarily lost the internet at home. No matter, as long as there are libraries!

Great job on that article, btw.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Nightcrawler said...

Where'd PD's blog go?

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

Phantom Driver's blog has been under lieberal moonbat attack and he had to change it. It is being kept secret and is only being given out to known conservative bloggers. If you will send an e-mail to me at the following e-mail address, I will send you information for Phantom Driver.

sweetymunchinblue@yahoo.com

This is not my primary e-mail, but is used only for the internet. I will check it frequently until I hear from you. Your e-mail must show NIGHTCRAWLER on it so that I don't mistake it for spam and accidently delete it.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an awful joke.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Silas said...

Well.... it is true...

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... Yeaaaaah. But the post IS dated you know.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Silas said...

As you all know, today is Thanksgiving...:)

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arggggh. Okay guys I get it. Would you do this to a newspaper writer?

(I'm just kidding, I know you all are too.)

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Silas said...

As you all know today is Chistmas...:) Ok.... this joke is getting a litte old.

While your all giving your typing fingers a rest, here's a real good blog to bookmark. http://www.singlemind.net/

Good luck, and hope you'll had a great Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home