Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been posting or commenting, my internet access is extremely limited at the moment. I shall return to my prolific pace as soon as the situation is rectified.

I hope this post finds everyone well. I've read a few of the posts on here when I am able to log on and I must say that I'm impressed with much of what I've seen. We have a couple of young bloggers that show an incredible amount of talent and insight for such youngsters and they should be applauded and encouraged. Gayle, senior member of this blog, shows that the internet is not restricted to those who are new to puberty. We've got quite a few readers, many of them are rather young themselves. A diverse group with a diverse readership. That's a good thing.

I'm going to leave politics out of this post because I want to focus on what's important... family. I'm at my mother-in-law's house (although she isn't here at the moment) with my wife and stepdaughter and we're watching Chicago at Green Bay. Yesterday, we were here with my mother-in-law, brother-in-law and his girlfriend and my two nephews. The wrapping paper was flying and the only thing in greater supply than used bows and packaging is the laughter. Times like that make you realize just how great it is to be an American.

I believe that our founders were divinely inspired and divine providence has led this country and kept it safe thus far. I hope it continues to do so. I hope that generations of Americans can continue to have days like I had yesterday; days without fear of stormtroopers busting up the party and hauling your family members off to some godforsaken gulag somewhere. Days where you are free to ponder the real meaning of Christmas and the joy of knowing the love and salvation of Jesus. Days where you can watch your children unwrap their presents and play with them while you ponder their future and wonder where the days have gone.

May we all experience the joys of Christmas this year and for many years to come. Oh, and many happy New Years to all!

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Gayle said...

Wonderful post Nightcrawler, and wonderful sentiment as well. It sounds as though you had a great Christmas and I'm very glad for that. So did we here.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

And I'll be glad when you get a new Computer, NC! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home